The Farm, Home, & Youth Fair is held each year on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of the second week in August at the Montgomery County 4-H Center and features 4-H and Open Projects.
The 2017 Fair dates:
Thursday, August 10 – 4:00 PM to 9:30 PM
Friday, August 11 – 9:30 AM to 9:30 PM
Saturday, August 12 – 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- View the daily Fair Schedule
- Sponsor Information and Application
- View our 2017 Fair Sponsors
- View list of 4-H Exhibits and Requirements
- Pre-Register for 4-H Exhibits and Open Classes
- Fox 29 coverage of Goat Yoga at Fair
The Farm, Home, and Youth Foundation of Montgomery County oversees and coordinates the Farm, Home, & Youth Fair with help from their volunteer Fair Board. The Fair is an opportunity to engage county residents in learning more about the agricultural roots of Montgomery County.
The Fair also celebrates the culmination of the 4-H project year for Montgomery County 4-H members. This is the 4-H members’ opportunity to show their families, friends, and the public their achievements throughout the year. The livestock and animal science 4-H members have their animals on display and proudly show them and answer questions. Other 4-H clubs also have their projects on display and are on hand to promote 4-H and their clubs. A giant Fabric Sale is ongoing during the fair and is coordinated by the Creamery Crafters 4-H club.
In addition to the 4-H projects, there are demonstrations, contests, games, music, an Open Pet Show and of course – all sorts of delicious food – including the World’s Largest Sausage Patty! Past demonstrations have included the Graterford Mounted Patrol, Canine Agility, Parade of Horse Breeds, and the 4-H Equine Drill Team to name a few. The Daisy Jug Band, a SEPA favorite, performs on Friday evening.
Click for additional information on these Fair activities:
- Gaming Horse Show – Friday, August 11, 2017 • Start Time: 7:00 PM
- Open Pet Show – Saturday, August 12, 2017 • Start Time: 1:30 PM, Registration starts at 1:00 PM
- Parade of Horse Breeds – Saturday, August 12, 2017 • 12 PM